Queenslanders now required to isolate upon entering WA
Western Australia will require all people entering the state from Queensland to take a coronavirus test within 48-hours of crossing the border and remain in isolation until a negative result is received.
Those entering WA who visited any of the venues listed by Queensland Health are classed as potentially infectious and will have to get tested and remain in isolation for 14-days.
WA Health Minister Roger Cook said the arrangement will be in place at this stage until March 30.
"Our border can go back up immediately if we see a significant outbreak in Queensland," he said.
"The steps the government is taking today are cautious. These are proportionate and cautious responses to the emerging situation.
"As we continue to see more information come to hand, we will take the necessary steps to protect the people of Western Australia. This is an interim arrangement.
"If you have been to any of the locations identified yesterday (as potentially infection zones), you are required to get a test and isolate for 14-days.
"If you are travelling from Queensland you are required to get a test and isolate for 14-days or until you get a negative result, whichever comes first."
WA Health has "scrambled" to get a testing teams out to the airport to both terminals, Mr Cook said, where passengers can choose to get tested on arrival or at any testing clinic at major hospitals.
- Carindale Shopping Centre on March 20 from 11am
- Baskin Robbins Icecream Everton Park from 8am
- Market Organics at Gasworks in Newstead on March 21
- Mammas Italian Waterfront Restaurant Redcliff on March 21 at 12:20pm
- Genki Mart at Alderley on March 21 at 10.30am
- Guzman y Gomez drive through at Stafford 12.30pm on March 22
- Bunnings Stafford at 1pm on March 22
- Aldi Stafford at 8.30am on March 25
- Nundah Respiratory Clinic at 11.15am on March 25
Low-risk venues include:
Incredible mission to vaccinate most remote peoples on Earth
- Gasworks Plaza at Newstead at 9.50am on March 21
- KFC Everton Park at 7.55pm on March 22